Friday, September 19, 2008

 

EC weekend 20-09-08

Coventry vs QPR

QPR got a great result at Norwich of which along with Champs league football was a freaky night all around and I am sure the bookies was smiling all the way. With Norwich firing on all cylinders I was really surprised they managed a clean sheet.
Coventry has been suffering with form of late but draws in their last couple of games against better and more compact sides in the league in Shef utd and Preston is by no means bad results especially with the squad at Coventry.
I am a big fan of Chris Coleman, he drills his sides well and they are always difficult to beat. He gets his side motivated and that what I like about this Coventry team. Talents concern QPR is far the superior but 2 away wins in 4 days are surely too much for Iain Dowie’s men.


Stake 7 Coventry (0) @ 1.87

Bristol city vs Doncaster

Well both these teams work very hard off the ball and have excellent fitness. Bristol city I have been impressed with as they pressure from high up, get back to defence fairly quickly and seems able to maintain the tempo for most of the game and that has been the key to the success so far this season.
Doncaster rarely threatened Birmingham’s goal last week just as I expected and I really don’t expect them to put city’s defence under too much pressure this game either.
I think City will see this game as a opportunity for maximum points. They have been impressive so far and the manager will definitely see this as a game they must win. Whilst admitting Doncaster are a difficult team to break down. I still see the home side finding a break through in 90mins.


Stake 7 Bristol City (-0.5) @1.95


Birmingham vs Blackpool


Well Birmingham are winning games they have a 100% record at home but they need to start scoring more goals and kill of teams or sooner or later they will get punished.
But I don’t expect Blackpool to be that team. Blackpool has done ok this season. A little inconsistent and much depends on confidence has you would expect from a newly promoted side.
But the home side is probably a couple of leagues above them and I don’t expect the back four to be under too much pressure.
I think blackpool will stick to counter attacking football even if they go 1 or 2 goals down so I don’t expect Birmingham to win by a lot of goals. With the trend of their score lines at the moment I am going take exactly the same bet I placed on them last week.

Total stake 10, 8 unit Birmingham (–1) @1.825, 2 unit 1-0@6.5 and 2 unit 2-0 @ 6.0

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]