Saturday, September 13, 2008

 

Juan Marquez vs Joel Casamayor

Odds for this fight are criminal, everybody keeps writing off Casamayor but Joel is a great fighter and he comes good every time. Personally I think Joel is 60-40 favourite for this fight and 50-50 at best so for Casamayor to win this fight @3.75 is absolutely ridiculous.
I don’t really rate Maqruez, he is a boring arse fighter but I have to give him to him, he’s defence is good and he does have a decent chin. And most importantly he wins fights.

Marquez also fights very well against southpaw and that might be the reason why he is a huge favourite for this fight.
Pacquio is also a southpaw and Marquez in his last fight certainly gave whom many rates as the best lb for lb fighter right now a tough time.
But as I have said before styles makes fights and Casamayor is going to bring a new style of fight to this match. Although they are similar height, Joel has a huge frame and a longer reach. He will be much bigger then Marquez on fight night and will be the biggest opponent he has ever faced.

Casamayor is slick and boxing abilities wise is better then Marquez. I expect Juan to get out boxed and the only way I see him winning this fight is by knockout. Joel has a granite chin so I really don’t think that will happen. Personally I don’t understand the odds, like I said is a 50-50 fight at best so I am going in this one with a high stake and high hope.

Unit 8 Casamayor to win @4.00 with bet365.com

Lost: Joel was winning until being stopped for the first time in lat rds.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]