Monday, August 25, 2008

 

Liverpool vs Standard Champs league qualifier

I am a huge Liverpool fan. Ask me if we will win by 3 goals here and I will tell you absolutely no chance. When Liverpool have been playing the way they have been playing, betting against them on handicap is almost certain win. If you did that in the first 2 premiership game like I have done then you would have done well both times. Bookies always think a club like Liverpool, winning these games will be easy so always give a very generous handicap to the opposing side and this is a prime example.

Liverpool have been poor so far but have got off to a maximum point start which I must say am relieved because that at least have given our players some believe and maintain a winning mentality, which is ever so important.

I watched the first game and we rarely freighting the Belgium’s goal. We just looked poor, lack ideas in attack and was out played. There wingers gave us plenty of problem because of Liverpool’s must publicized lack of wingers in the team. Whoever plays out there tends to drift in and not only does that mean we are narrow in our attacks but also means our full backs are isolated. (not good because I can probably skin our full backs)
They had some young wingers with plenty of pace and desire, got crosses in the box and was a constant threat all night.

Bottom line is if we should have lost 3-0 away without creating much of anything, then I don’t expect us to win by 3 goals 2 wks later. I think Liverpool will win but the if the score line is anything more then 1 goal 2 I would be very surprised. I am actually more worried that they will come into this game more focus and determined. Upset is not likely but I wouldn’t rule it out.

10 units away +2

WIN result 0-0

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]