Thursday, August 28, 2008

 

Middlesbourgh vs Stoke

Let in 2 against villa and 3 against Bolton need I say more? Lol. Fortunately for you I not going to just base my prediction on previous results and like to break things down to ensure maximum chance of winning.
Well lets start with stoke they got out played in the first game and needed a world class goal and a bit of fluke to come away with a win against villa. Villa to me was a very inconsistent team last season especially on their travels and that seems to be their problem still.
They were very average but still managed two goals against this stoke defence. All the goals stoke gave away so far has been sloppy as oppose to good work. I really don’t think they will manage 3 goals in a game many times this season and if needing 3 goals to win a game is what they are relying on then the are going to be in deep trouble.

Middlesbrough on the hand have started the season really well and to came away with a deserve win and a underserved away lost to two sides whom many predicted will finish in the top 5. The defence is solid and have plenty of width and quality up front. I must admit I had a lot of doubt over Southgate at the beginning of his Boro managerial career but he has done very well and bought very wisely. The only thing I am concern with is their consistency.
Last season they played very well against top of table sides but struggled at times against the lower teams. I am going into this one with a slightly lower stake then I would because of their inconsistency but I still think they will be raring to go after a underserved lost and start firing on all cylinders again.
Stoke face letting in another 3 goals in my view. Easy home win is my bet.

8 units @2.125 -1 home win

even final score 2-1, was spot on in this game. Boro dominated without playing well and should have won by alot more

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]