Friday, September 19, 2008

 

EPL Weekend 20-09-08

Sunderland vs Middlesbrough

Sunderland was lucky last week, had it not been that early own goal by Bramble I am sure Wigan would have beaten them. But credit to them they hung on and carved out a couple of chances themselves.
They play better attacking football at home and it’s only a matter of time before they click into gear and really pile on the pressure on visiting teams. Summer signing should start to gel and Cisse carries a real goal threat.
Middlesbrough has some work to do still but they are a very talented team and I really like some of their players. Tuncay should be back for this game and he is the key to Boro’s attack. They have scored every game so far this season and I expect that to continue.
Again with both sides attacking qualities I will take this to go over.

Stake 7 Over 2.5 @ 2.075


Hull vs Everton


Well I will keep saying it, Hull is getting very lucky right now and they are playing sides at the right time and picking up some very important points, they will need it because I don’t expect it to last as the season progresses.
But I do expect them to score goals so I guess if your scoring then there is always a chance. Everton has been very different to last season and I am sure Moyes is very frustrated with the team right now.
Last week they were 2-0 at stoke in total control but then managed to let them get back into it and was lucky to come away with all 3 pts.
They look really shaky at the back, which is not what you will associate with Moyes’s sides, but I am sure that problem will be solved as the season progresses.
Everton have Cahill back and that’s a welcome boost since much of the goal scoring threat was relied on Yakubu. Cahill is a very important player for them and I expect him to chip in with a lot of goals this season.
With Hull’s eye for goal and Everton’s shaky defence in mind I will take this game to go over.

Stake 8 Over 2,2.5 @ 1.9

West ham vs Newcastle


Newcastle are in trouble I was spot on with my prediction last week as the entire team looked all over the place and was caught on counter on a number of occasions.
I think West Ham play very similarly to Hull but with much more talented players. If they give the space to Bellamy and Ashton like they did last week they will be punished again.
West ham would be my pick for this game but with all the managerial changes they have themselves this game could be a pick’em.
It is also known they don’t travel to the capital well, maybe because of the long journey time etc. But with all that being said they still have quality players on the attack and west ham is leaking goals left, right and centre at the moment.
Having the attacking minded Zola as the new manager is hardly going to convince me they will tighten up at the back.
My main bet is to go over but I really think west ham can take this game here.

Stake 9 Over 2.5 @ 2.05


Liverpool vs Stoke

I think the bookies are taking the mick a little with the AH line. Whilst I really expect Liverpool to beat stoke by 2 goals in this game there is really just no real value in it.
Liverpool has been winning ugly and that has definitely lifted the sides confidence and they seem to be playing better and better.
Torres and Gerrad is back so I expect more goal threat, Riera is a sound signing but the defence has been a little shaky this season. Teams are creating chance against Liverpool but are just not finishing it.
Stoke to me are favourites for the drop but they have real goal threat. Keeping Fuller and Kitson healthy will be key and they can mix things up with pace and aerial ability.
I am going to have a punt at the correct score only for this game with the odds looking a lot better then over or win on AH

Total unit 6.
Stake 2 Liverpool 2-0 @ 6.00, stake 2
2-1@8.50, stake 2 3-1@11.00 with bet365.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]