Monday, September 08, 2008

 

Portsmouth vs Middlesbrough

Two very even sides go head to head in this fixture. Portsmouth got a great result in their last game after a slow start and Middlesbrough has looked very good so far this season. Portsmouth to me was a little fortunate to win by 3-0 at Everton. It was just one of those days where Defoe was on fire and nothing was going in for the home side.
To be honest although Portsmouth did kind of deserve it, it was one of those games where it could have been so much different.
Middlesbrough I always feel are one of those sides that gets more fired up when they are the underdogs. So I expect them to be really up for this game and get a result.
Both team plays a similar style of football and on their days I think only home advantage can give the other team the edge. But right now Middlesbrough just looks sharper in every department from defence to attack. I am taking Middlesbrough for this match because I just cant see them not scoring at the moment but I really cant’ say likewise for the home team.
I have been far from impressed with Portsmouth so far this season and they are yet to play the sort of football I expect them to.
I think Portsmouth plays well when they are unselfish but one thing I have noticed from end of last season and carried to the beginning of this season is that the passing and trust is just not there.
Once they get frustrated their midfield will want to carry the ball more and more. Middlesbrough frustrates team better then anyone else. That is the reason why they perform against better teams.
There is a possibility last weeks win have woken up the home side and they will get back to playing their best but still IMO this is a handicap that’s too hard to cover. I even expect Middlesbrough to win this game but for my record I am going for away team +0.5
Main reason for my bet: There are no way Portsmouth merits this handicap base on this seasons performance so far.

Unit 7 @ 1.85 +0.5 away team

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]