Friday, September 12, 2008

 

Liverpool vs Man u

Well I have said it before I like nothing better then a challenge so with the world backing Man u to beat Liverpool, I am going to take the home side.
Liverpool has many critics and when we are not performing I have to admit to joining the line. However poor Liverpool’s performance might be this season, results means a lot more.
Whilst I have to agree that on paper and the history between the two sides in recent yrs suggests Man u should come away with a win, I see it very differently.

I have to admit under normal circumstances I would probably back Man u as well. But I have reasons to believe Liverpool will sneak this game even with the possibility of not having both Gerrad and Torres.

My main reason being that this game is a early kickoff and comes at the back of international matches in midweek.

Man u will no doubt suffer more from the international break then Liverpool, many of their players played the full match for their respective countries on Wednesday night and you just have to wonder if they have the stamina to tackle Liverpool at Anfield.
Also being a early kickoff doesn’t help Man u either. Being a footballer myself I know what the couple of hrs in the morning makes, adding to the fact they need to travel etc. Having home advantage has a big factor to play.

It’s also expected to be sunny and in the early 20’s which makes it even more difficult for the players.
Lets face it neither team is firing on all cylinders in front of goal at the moment and has with 8/10 big games it will finish under the goal line so under is my main bet here but I also expect the home side to be a lot sharper and fitter and possibly sneak this one.

Total 8 units, 5 units under 2.0 @1.90 and 3 units AH liverpool win @1.98 with ladbrokes

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]